The Ultimate Book Tag
My first book tag post. I found this tagging game on BWB and it looks fun to tag along.
Here we go.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
You have no idea. Yes, I can’t read in the car because it makes my head spin and my stomach churn.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
Her writing is vivid and beautiful, almost poetic.
Even though she tells about Indian women and culture, somehow I can relate to the characters. One of my favorite authors of all time.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
I haven’t read any of Harry Potter series (shame on me or what?). I read Twilight but not yet finished, so I can’t answer this question.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
No, I carry a bag and I put my book in it.
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Doesn’t matter. I think most of children’s books are illustrated, but not adult’s novel.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Before blogging, I was easily satisfied but the more I read, the more I find my niche. I’m not a hard-to-please reader type, but I have my own criteria.
I have to be engaged and connected emotionally to the character/story.
I loved Enid Blyton when I was a kid but I don’t want to read her work anymore because I’m afraid my thoughts and feelings toward her works won’t be the same.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Simply Sinful by Carly Phillips
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I write sometimes but I don’t want to be an author.
12. When did you get into reading?
Four or five years old. I love watching my grandpa reading a newspaper in the morning. I learned to read at an early age then my mom bought me The Famous Five novels. I was hooked.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
The Crucible by Arthur Miller and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I’ve tried so hard to
read like Shakespeare but no luck.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
English, German, and History. Nobody liked History in my class but I love it to the core.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I’d say thank you then give the book to someone else.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I don’t read much series/YA/dystopian so I don’t know.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I don’t get this question. I’m not a movie star so I don’t do filming.
18. What is your favorite word?
Ecclectic. It sounds funny too. Too many ‘k’s like tik-tok or click-clack with more ‘k’ sound.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
My husband calls me ‘my nerdy wife’, but I can’t judge myself. Maybe I’m a nerd.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies because they’re cuter.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. The reason is the same as above.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. They’re invisible, wandering around the house, sort of mysterious. Werewolves are stinky, noisy and tend to be aggresive.
23. Zombies or vampires?
Second time mentioning vampires.
I choose vampires because they look more civilized than zombies.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love, of course. Love triangle is boring and usually involves an unstable and (maybe) a bipolar boy/girl who can’t make a decision.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
The second one. Sometimes full romance makes me sleepy.
Have fun and just take your time. Don’t forget to tag 5 bloggers.